We only ask for your personal information when we truly need it. We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our product, or protect our rights. We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services. We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: email address, first name and last name, phone number, address, ZIP/Postal code, city, cookies, and Usage Data.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
In each case, CityHack collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with CityHack. CityHack does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Use of Personal Information
How we use your Personal Information depends on your relationship with us. In general, we use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with our Services, in order to meet our contractual obligations to you or your company;
- statistical analysis, CityHack may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. CityHack may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
- contact you about our Services and promotions. We generally rely on our legitimate interests in marketing our Services to you, whether on our own websites or on third party websites, and in providing these promotions, where permitted by applicable law. We ensure that we do not use your Personal Information in ways you would not expect by allowing you to opt out of receiving all such communications (unless they are solely related to the provision of our Services to you and have no marketing element) and, where required by applicable law, we will not send any such messages without your prior consent; and
- comply with our legal obligations. Among other things, we use Personal Information to comply with financial reporting obligations, or court orders, warrants, or subpoenas in accordance with applicable law.
Protection of Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Disclosure of Personal Information
To process the payments for our Service we use the payment providers Stripe, Inc., 185 Berry Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Stripe”), and , PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (“PayPal”). Only such payment providers will process your payment data for the purpose of the respective payment, whereas we will not access and/or save your full payment information.
- For details for Stripe please refer to: https://stripe.com/de/privacy
- For details for PayPal please refer to: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Last Updated: Oct 2018.